Our programme at the National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS) is committed to training well-rounded oncologists who are competent, compassionate and who are capable of making substantial contribution to patient care, education and research.
The three-year programme is designed to meet all educational requirements expected of an ACGME-I approved programme and to prepare its graduates for certification by the Singapore Specialist Accreditation Board (SAB) in Medical Oncology. The first 24 months fulfill the requirements of the ACGME-I and the last 12 months fulfill the SAB requirements for specialist certification in medical oncology in Singapore.
- Optimal learning opportunity with comprehensive case mix, breadth of clinical experience and multi-disciplinary approaches to patients with oncologic disorders.
- Enhanced experience and exposure in managing a wider range of medical oncology issues through rotation at our participating site, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.
- Excellent training environment with strong teaching culture and dedicated faculty.
- Rich opportunities for research and participation in scholarly activities through its research arm, Haematology-Oncology Research Group (HORG) and collaborative efforts with the Cancer Science Institute, Singapore (CSI) at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Structured educational programme that provides a good balance of didactic lectures, self-directed learning and supervision.
- Outpatient continuity clinic throughout the 3 years of training to provide longitudinal ambulatory oncologic care.
Download detailed program information
Dr Chee Cheng Ean
Ms Beatrice Ng