Our programme at the National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS) is committed to training well-rounded oncologists who are competent, compassionate and who are capable of making substantial contribution to patient care, education and research.
The three-year programme is designed to meet all educational requirements expected of an ACGME-I approved programme and to prepare its graduates for certification by the Singapore Specialist Accreditation Board (SAB) in Medical Oncology. The first 24 months fulfill the requirements of the ACGME-I and the last 12 months fulfill the SAB requirements for specialist certification in medical oncology in Singapore.
- Optimal learning opportunity with comprehensive case mix, breadth of clinical experience and multi-disciplinary approaches to patients with oncologic disorders.
- Enhanced experience and exposure in managing a wider range of medical oncology issues through rotation at our participating site, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.
- Excellent training environment with strong teaching culture and dedicated faculty.
- Rich opportunities for research and participation in scholarly activities through its research arm, Haematology-Oncology Research Group (HORG) and collaborative efforts with the Cancer Science Institute, Singapore (CSI) at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Structured educational programme that provides a good balance of didactic lectures, self-directed learning and supervision.
- Outpatient continuity clinic throughout the 3 years of training to provide longitudinal ambulatory oncologic care.
Dr Chee Cheng Ean
Associate Programme Director
Dr Ow Guan Wei Samuel
Dr Chong Wan Qin
Dr Wong Seng Cheong Alvin
Dr Chee Cheng Ean
Ms Beatrice Ng