The goal of the Neurosurgery Residency Programme at the National University Health system (NUHS) is to train neurosurgeons with strength in both surgical and academic neurosurgery.
Known to be one of the most technically demanding surgical specialties, our neurosurgical team has been able to consistently achieve excellent clinical outcomes which are of international standards while continuing to participate actively in both extensive research as well as education.
- Large number and comprehensive range of high-quality cases
- Strong emphasis on research and collaboration with multiple neuroscience laboratories and centres
- Excellent faculty who are keen on teaching
6 months of General Surgery rotations
6 months of Neurosurgery
3 months Orthopaedic Surgery /
Anaesthesia / ENT / Plastic Surgery /
EMD / Opthalmology
3 months of Neurology
4 years of Neurosurgery*
Inclusive of 6 months of Neurosurgery Rotation to NTFGH / KTPH in R3 to R5
NUHS / NTFGH /
* Residents are strongly encouraged to complete an intercalated PhD between R4 and R5.
- Download detailed program information here.
- Download programme milestone and expectations here.
- Download achivement timeline and target for core procedures here.
Asst. Prof. Vincent Ngasurvndw@nus.edu.sg
Ms Esther Chng