Our programme aims to train specialists in Renal Medicine with outstanding clinical skills and the ability to take leadership positions in patient care, clinical research and medical education. It offers diverse clinical experiences in the diagnosis and management of both acute and chronic kidney diseases.
This is a three & a half-year programme (2-year ACGME-I accredited + 1.5-year Renal Medicine Residency Advisory Committee accredited) provided by a committed faculty. Our programme offers adequate clinical experience rotations in acute inpatient renal medicine, inpatient nephrology consult service, ambulatory evaluation, management of kidney disease patients and training in the multidisciplinary healthcare team model. Other essential rotations will include experience in acute and chronic haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation, intensive care nephrology (continuous renal replacement therapy) and general nephrology.
Outstanding Features of the Programme
- Dual training sites with the full-breadth and depth of modern clinical renal medicine training (haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation, critical care, preventive nephrology, hypertension, fluids, electrolytes and acid base management).
- Evidence-based curriculum and structured-training designed to train and nurture senior residents in the clinical skills of internal medicine and renal medicine.
- Rotations will provide broad experiences in the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic kidney diseases.
- Senior residents will be exposed to opportunities to develop skill-sets and interest in medical education, clinical research, and systems-based practice.
- Multiple opportunities to innovate, improve care and develop into new areas of nephrology research and practise.
- Excellent work-life balance.
Dr Chan Gek Cher
Associate Programme Director
Dr Low Sanmay
Dr Hersharan Kaur Sran
Dr Martin Lee
Dr Priyanka Khatri
Dr Chan Gek Cher
Ms Honey Ng