The NUHS National Postgraduate Year 1 (PGY1) Programme takes care of PGY1 doctors rotating through clinical postings at the National University Hospital (NUH) and Ng Teng Feng General Hospital (NTFGH).
To build the strong foundation of an all rounded-doctor equipped with the NUHS TRICEP values Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Patient-Centredness.
The programme provides an integrated, structured and comprehensive training programme for the PGY1 doctor at NUHS through the areas of:
- Clinical Education and Training: Providing broad-based and expansive clinical experience and training under close supervision, with opportunities for academic stimulation and growth.
- Pastoral Care and Welfare: Providing mentorship and opportunities for holistic and humanistic growth and development.
- Assessments: Providing a seamless and coordinated process to complete the assessment requirements for full medical registration.
- Administration: Providing administrative and logistics support of posting, from start to end.
- NUHS is an Integrated Academic Health System and Regional Health System serving the community in the western region of Singapore.
- At NUHS, PGY1 rotations take place at the National University Hospital (NUH) and Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFGH). PGY1s are able to experience unique programme features in each campus. PGY1s will also get to experience a diverse range of complex patient care needs at both campuses.
- PGY1s will rotate through various disciplines such as Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, and Paediatrics.