Many patients prefer to be cared for in the comfort and familiarity of their home, if possible.
NUHS@Home is a programme offers eligible patients the alternative option to receive acute hospital care and services at home instead of the hospital. Patients are looked after by a multi-disciplinary team of doctors, nurses and allied health professionals who will monitor their condition remotely via smart devices.
- 24/7 Virtual Care
- Remote vital signs monitoring
- Intravenous infusions or injections
- Laboratory investigations such as blood or urine tests
- Home visits by doctors, nurses or therapists
- Transport to and fro the hospital for scans and procedures
Patients can be assured that the services and treatment they receive at home are similar to the care they receive in the hospital.
Some common conditions that may be suitable for NUHS@Home care include:
- Urinary tract infections
- Dengue fever
- Fluid overload/heart failure
- COVID-19 infections in patients with weakened immune systems
Click the following links to find out more about the programme: