Our mission is to serve as an enabler in translational research by offering affordable and efficient access to standard and advanced imaging instrumentation for users of all levels of experience and from any discipline. We also strive in providing a one-stop service solution ranging from experimental design, full sample preparation, new protocol development, image acquisition, to scalable image processing, big data image-based data analytics and multi-dimensional visualisation.
Confocal Microscopy Unit provides an extensive range of capabilities:
- Conventional Confocal and Brightfield imaging
- Stable Live-cell time-lapse imaging
- 3D imaging
- F-techniques (i.e. FRAP, FRET)
- Fluorescence and Histology slide scanning
- Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence (TIRF)
- Phase confocal for biophysical measurements (under development)
- Full sample preparation (cell isolation from small rodents, cell culture, and reagent preparation to most experiments before imaging)
- Relevant reagent and protocol such as secondary antibodies are provided at cost to enable sample preparation on site.
- Big data image processing and machine-learning based data analytics
- On site training facilities and expertise to ensure a novice user can be guided to perform the right experiments and obtain the desired results all in one place.
We welcome both internal and external users.
Please contact a member of our staff for inquiries.
Prof. Hanry Yu (Director)
Ms. Lee Shu Ying (Senior Lab Executive)
Ms. Sylvia Chew Yu Ting (Lab Executive)