Teleconsultation is a type of telemedicine service, where digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices are used to deliver health-related information. It provides opportunities to make healthcare more convenient, better coordinated, and closer to home.
In a teleconsultation, patients can have consultations with doctors, nurses and allied health professionals in the comfort of their homes or at a location where privacy is assured. These virtual appointments enable patients to receive ongoing care where in-person clinic consultations are not necessary or possible.
Medications, Medical Certificates and/or memos (if any) will be issued to you by our institutions' doctors. You will receive the same level of patient care and medical attention from our healthcare professionals.
With the resurgence of COVID-19 cases, TeleConsult remains as a viable option for patients to receive timely care for the following reasons:
- Provide continuity of care when it is not possible to visit the hospital
- Reduce COVID-19 infection risk for vulnerable patients
- Eliminate the need for patient or caregiver to take leave from work
- Save travel costs to and fro the hospital or polyclinic
- Save travel and wait time for short consultations, such as obtaining test results
- Eliminate the need to travel for patients with mobility challenges
TeleConsult is available at our institutions: