Dr. Ivandito Kuntjoro is presently a Senior Consultant Cardiologist and the Director of Structural Heart Program at the National University Heart Centre, Singapore. He obtained his basic medical degree from Airlangga University, Indonesia. Subsequently, he pursued his medical training in the United States. He was elected as a member of Kaplan Medical Honor Society in 2003 for his achievement in the US medical board examination and was awarded ECFMG certification in 2004 to practice medicine in USA.
Dr. Kuntjoro received both his internal medicine internship and residency training at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Hospital, Ohio, USA. He was certified and has been a member of American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) since 2009. He worked as internal medicine attending physician at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, USA until 2012 before joining NUHCS for his advanced specialty training in cardiology. Upon completion of his cardiology training, he was awarded fellowship training in structural intervention at the Advanced Valve Center at University of Virginia (UVA) Medical Center, USA. He was trained under Scott Lim, MD.
Currently, he is actively involved in the management of patient with complex valvular heart disease using percutaneous catheter approach. He also treating patient with congenital heart and pulmonary hypertension on top of treating patient with common cardiac condition. He performed transcatheter valve intervention such as TAVI (transcatheter aortic valve implantation), mitraclip and other intervention for structural heart problem. He has authored or co-authored few papers in peer-reviewed journals and has written book chapters in Structural Intervention and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery textbook.
Dr. Kuntjoro is actively involved in medical education and is a core faculty member of the Cardiology Senior Residency Programme at NUHCS.
1. Long-term effects of bariatric surgery on cardiovascular risk factors in Singapore.
Panday VB, Shabbir A, Kuntjoro I, Khoo EYH, So JBY, Poh KK.
Singapore Med J. 2020 Apr 3.
2. Help-seeking patterns and funding strategies in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension on phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors: an orphan disease with effective but costly treatment.
Lim Y, Maaroof SMB, Low TT, Kuntjoro I, Yip JW, Tay E.
Singapore Med J. 2020 Mar 1
3. Echocardiographic discrepancies in severity grading of aortic valve stenosis with left ventricular outflow tract (LVOT) cut-off values in an Asian population.
Chew NWS, Ngiam JN, Tan BY, Sia CH, Sim HW, Kuntjoro I, Kong WKF, Tay ELW, Yeo TC, Poh KK.
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020 Apr;36(4):615-621.
4. Outcome of Patients Undergoing Transcatheter Implantation of Aortic Valve With Previous Mitral Valve Prosthesis (OPTIMAL) Study.
Baldetti L, Giannini F, Van Mieghem N, El Faquir N, Tchétché D, De Biase C, Petronio AS, Giannini C, Tarantini G, Fraccaro C, Finkelstein A, Segev A, Barbash I, Bruschi G, Tamburino C, Barbanti M, Lim S, Kuntjoro I, Abdel-Wahab M, Colombo A, Latib A.
Can J Cardiol. 2019 Jul;35(7):866-874.
5.Cost-Effectiveness of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation in Intermediate and Low Risk Severe Aortic Stenosis Patients in Singapore.
Kuntjoro I, Tay E, Hon J, Yip J, Kong W, Poh KK, Yeo TC, Tan HC, Caleb MG, Luo N, Wang P.Ann Acad Med Singap. 2020 Jul;49(7):423-433.PMID: 33000105
6. Pulmonary arterial hypertension in a multi-ethnic Asian population: Characteristics, survival and mortality predictors from a 14-year follow-up study.
Lim Y, Low TT, Chan SP, Teo TW, Jang JJ, Yip N, Kuntjoro I, Tay EL, Yip JW.Respirology. 2019 Feb;24(2):162-170. doi: 10.1111/resp.13392. Epub 2018 Sep 4.PMID: 30180305
7. 6-Minute walk test predicts prolonged hospitalization in patients undergoing transcatheter mitral valve repair by MitraClip.
Saji M, Katz MR, Ailawadi G, Welch TS, Fowler DE, Kennedy JLW, Bergin JD, Kuntjoro I, Dent JM, Ragosta M, Lim DS.
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2018 Apr 15. doi: 10.1002/ccd.27600.
8. Predicting changes in flow category in patients with severe aortic stenosis and preserved left ventricular ejection fraction on medical therapy.
Ngiam JN, Kuntjoro I, Tan BYQ, Sim HW, Kong WKF, Yeo TC, Poh KK.
Echocardiography. 2017 Sep 13. doi: 10.1111/echo.13676
9. Percutaneous mitral valve repair with the MitraClip: early results from the MitraClip Asia-Pacific Registry (MARS).
Yeo KK, Yap J, Yamen E, Muda N, Tay E, Walters DL, Santoso T, Liu X, Jansz P, Yip J, Zambahari R,Passage J, Koh TH, Wang J, Scalia G,
Kuntjoro I, , Soesanto AM, Muller D.
Euro Intervention. 2014 Jan 16. pii:20140116a-03.
10. Electrocardiography series. Non-ischaemic causes of ST segment elevation.
Kuntjoro I, Teo SG, Poh KK.Singapore Med J. 2012 Jun;53(6):367-70; quiz 371.PMID: 22711033 Free article.