Dr Chan Yee Cheun graduated from the National University Singapore in 1992. He obtained the membership of Royal College Physicians (UK) in 1999 and neurology specialist accreditation in year 2002. Between 2003 and 2004, he was a clinical fellow in clinical neurophysiology at King’s College Hospital, London.
Dr Chan is currently a senior consultant in the Division of Neurology at the National University Hospital. His clinical and research interests include peripheral neuropathy, headaches and electrodiagnosis of neuromuscular conditions. He has published in local and international journals on these topics and is a peer reviewer for several journals.
He participates in clinical education as core faculty member of neurology senior residency and Internal Medicine Residency Programmes and is chairman of the National Neurology Residency Advisory Committee.
Journals & Publications
1. JJY Ong, D Patnaik, YC Chan, O Simon, EA Finkelstein. Economic burden of migraine in Singapore. Cephalalgia Reports. 2020;3:1-11.
2. JJY Ong, YC Chan. Medical Undergraduate Survey on Headache Education in Singapore: Knowledge, Perceptions, and Assessment of Unmet Needs. Headache. 2017;57:967-978.
3. YC Chan, YL Lo, ES Chan. Immunotherapy for diabetic amyotrophy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017;26;7:CD006521.
4. YC Chan, AM Punzalan-Sotelo, TA Kannan, N Shahrizaila, T Umapathi, EJ Goh, Y Fukami, E Wilder-Smith, N Yuki. Electrodiagnosis of reversible conduction failure in Guillain-Barré syndrome. Muscle Nerve. 2017;56:919–924.
5. YC Chan, AK Therimadasamy, NM Sainuddin, E Wilder-Smith, N Yuki. Serial electrophysiological studies in a Guillain-Barré subtype with bilateral facial neuropathy. Clin Neurophysiol. 2016;127:1694-9.
6. D Samarawickrama, AK Therimadasamy, YC Chan, J Vijayan, EP Wilder-Smith. Nerve ultrasound in electrophysiologically verified Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. Muscle Nerve. 2016;53:906-12. (
7. HB Tommy Ng, K-L Cathy Kao, YC Chan, Effie Chew, KH Chuang, SH Annabel Chen. Modality specificity in the cerebro-cerebellar neurocircuitry during working memory. Behavioural Brain Research. 2016;305:164-73.
8. AH Wong, T Umapathi, Y Nishimoto, YZ Wang, YC Chan, N Yuki. Cytoalbuminologic dissociation in Asian patients with Guillain-Barré and Miller Fisher syndromes. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2015;20:47-51.
9. T Aravindakannan, YC Chan, EP Wilder-Smith. Skin receptors and intradermal nerves do not generate the sensory double peak. Muscle Nerve. 2015;52:103-6.
10. M Sobczak-Edmans, TH Ng, YC Chan, E Chew, KH Chuang, SH Chen. Temporal dynamics of visual working memory. Neuroimage. 2015;124:1021-1030.