PGY1 Programme aims to build a strong foundation for all newly graduated medical students. The programme is designed for our PGY1s to undergo a series of core rotations in accredited hospitals, so as to fulfill requirement for full/ conditional registration with the Singapore Medical Council (SMC).
Helmed by a diverse group of dedicated and outstanding faculty, we aim to ensure the clinical training needs of the PGY1s are met. Besides learning how to be clinically competent and excellent doctors, we aim to instill NUHS TRICE values - Respect, Integrity, Compassion, and Teamwork through participation in numerous volunteerism projects and relevant committees.
The TY Residency will cease AY2019. All PGY1s then will enter into the National PGY1 programme.
Outstanding Features for PGY1s in NUH Rotations
- Allows young clinicians to appreciate and embrace the myriad of experiences at NUH.
- Opportunity for prospective specialty Programme Directors (PD) / Associate PD (APD)/ Core Faculty (CF) to witness first-hand the potential residents at work.
- Four-monthly rotations for PGY-1s in five MOH accredited PGY1 disciplines (Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, and Paediatrics).
- Core Education Programme (CEP). A unique weekly educational session dedicated to PGY1s, prepared and delivered by specialists in the five core PGY1 disciplines, to ensure that the quality academic education underpins strong clinical performance and experience.
- Interprofessional critical care Simulation training: To enable the PGY1 to manage ill patients in a team approach.
- PEER Teaching (PGY1 Engagement and Educational Round). A session to engage with your peers and colleagues and PGY1 Core Faculty. A session to learn from each other.
Download detailed program information
Dr Victor Ong Yeok Kein
Ms Cecilia Sim
Ms Vivian Chow