HSA LOSARTAS RECALL28 March 2019
– The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) has recalled three brands of high blood pressure medicine which contain losartan – Losartas, Losagen and Hyperten. Seven other brands of losartan medicine approved in Singapore are not affected by the recall.
There is no immediate health risk associated with taking the affected brands of medicine. You are strongly advised to continue taking your medicine until you are informed by the hospital to stop or switch to suitable alternatives.
If your appointment with any of our NUHS institution is before 1 July 2019, please keep to your appointment. Our doctors will advise you further, including switching to suitable alternative medicines if appropriate, at the consultation.
If your appointment is on or after 1 July 2019, we will contact you within the next two weeks for further instructions.
For more information on the recall, please visit www.hsa.gov.sg/sartanupdates
or refer to the following:
For enquiries, please contact the relevant NUHS institution:
- National University Hospital
- National University Cancer Institute, Singapore
- National University Heart Centre, Singapore
- Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
- Jurong Medical Centre
- National University Polyclinics