As the world celebrates International Women’s Day this month, we take a look at the stories of five alumni from NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
- Prof Leo Yee Sin (Class of 1983), Executive Director, National Centre for Infectious Diseases
- Prof Yap Hui Kim (Class of 1978), Head & Senior Consultant, Division of Paediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Renal Transplantation, Khoo Teck Puat – National University Children’s Medical Institute, National University Hospital
- Dr Geh Min (Class of 1974), Ophthalmologist & Eye Specialist, Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- Dr Lim Su-Fee (Class of 2015), Deputy Director of Nursing (Advanced Practice Nurse), Rehabilitation & Community Nursing, Singapore General Hospital
- Dr Sarah Tham (Class of 2020), House Officer, Singapore General Hospital
They share about what drives them in the practice of medicine, these women continue to play important roles in the development of Singapore’s healthcare system even today.