Back to Funding Main Page
The MINDEF-NUS Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme was formally established in the 1980's. The objective is to bring together researchers in NUS/NTU and defence engineers and scientists in MINDEF/DSTA/DSO to conduct small-scale research projects to enhance the defence capability of our nation. Scientists from DSTA, DSO, DRTech and agencies approved by MINDEF to act on its behalf are included in this scheme.
Applicants are expected to be notified of the outcome by End June 2013.
Schedule of Annual Call
There are two calls in a year, tentatively scheduled in January/February and July/August (subjected to availability of funds).
1. The call for Proposals is open to NUS Staff only.
2. Principal Investigator (PIs) can directly approach relevant technical DRTech Point of Contact (POC) to affirm the POC's interest in the ideas and discuss the proposals with the POC. The list of DRTech POC and their technology research areas of interest are available here.
3. The amount for approved projects will be awarded as a one-line budget item.
4. Applications will be evaluated by both MINDEF and NUS.
5. Projects must have technical and scientific merits as well as relevance to MINDEF and NUS.
Please submit the following to NUHS Research Office by Friday, 15 March 2013 at 12 noon.
More information and forms/templates can be downloaded at the NUS Staff Portal.
If the proposed study would requires biospecimen or tissue banking, please contact Dr Eng Chon Boon (email@example.com ) from the NUHS Tissue Repository. The tissue repository will assist in biobanking budgetary. Kindly visit http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/tissue/Cost%20Recovery%20Schedule.pdf
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any enquires.