The CBRG New Investigators Grant (CBRG-NIG) is a sub category of the CBRG to cater for new non-clinical investigators. The CBRG-NIG is a step for the new investigator to a first independent national level grant. Applicants with substantial research experience will not be accepted under this category.
Please visit NMRC website for more information.
||2 years |
* with additional indirect costs provided to the Host Institution of the lead PI.
• Applicants who are applying as new investigators category (CBRG-NIG) have to work with a mentor for guidance in their research. This mentoring will provide support for a period of supervised research leading eventually to the investigators conducting larger scale research projects independently.
• To be eligible for the CBRG-NIG, the following requirements apply in addition to the above eligibility criteria for the CBRG:
(i) Applicants cannot apply to other funding sources as PI or Co-PI for the same evaluation period.
(ii) Applicants must not have held any national grants (e.g., NMRC, A*STAR, NRF, MOE AcRF Tier II, etc) or international grants (e.g., MRC, NIH, NHMRC, etc) as a PI/Co-PI.
(iii) Applicants must not have held any grants cumulatively exceeding $300,000 from any other agencies
Schedule of Annual Call
There 1 call a year in November.
(A) All applications should be submitted online via nGager by 12 noon, 21st November'12 - Wednesday for NUHS Research Office to check and endorse.
· Submission of research proposal is via nGager. There is no need to submit separate hardcopy/ softcopy for the research proposals.
(B) Please submit the following to NUHS Research Office by 12 noon, 21st November'12 - Wednesday:
· The only hardcopy and softcopy submission to NUHS Research office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is the following NUH/ NUS grant endorsement form.
· Principal investigators whose primary appointment is in NUS should use the NUS grant endorsement form while Principal investigators whose primary appointment is in NUH should use the NUH grant endorsement.
Note: Kindly indicate NUHS as the host institution in the application form. As incomplete applications or late submissions will be rejected by NMRC. We strongly encourage applications to be submitted earlier.
If the proposed study would requires biospecimen or tissue banking, please contact Dr Eng Chon Boon (email@example.com ) from the NUHS Tissue Repository. The tissue repository will assist in biobanking budgetary. Kindly visit http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/tissue/Cost%20Recovery%20Schedule.pdf