NUHS TYRP is fully accredited by ACGME-I
The goal of the NUHS Transitional Year Residency Program (TYRP) is to provide a well-balanced program of graduate medical education in multiple clinical disciplines. It is designed to facilitate the choice of and/or preparation for a specific specialty. The TYRP is not meant to be a complete graduate education program but rather a broad-based program in fundamental clinical skills that will serve our residents well regardless of ultimate career path. Residents in our TYRP will be an integral part of the NUHS family, which includes 7 other categorical residency programs with plans to expand further in the next 1-2 years.
The TYRP is designed to meet the educational needs of our residents. Service obligations of the sponsoring institution are secondary to the TYRP educational objectives. Our residents are incorporated into the patient care team in whatever discipline they are assigned. They are included in all conferences, grand rounds and research activities of the other residencies. Educational quality, rather than meeting service demands, is the objective of our program.
Strengths of our program include:
- A well-established educational environment in a university teaching hospital with a tradition of clinical & scholarly excellence
- Dedicated academic faculty from diverse medical & surgical specialties
- Opportunities for mentorship in research, both bench & translational
- Access to state-of-the art facilities including medical simulation lab & upcoming ambulatory care facility with built-in space for both bedside and classroom teaching
- Flexibility in elective rotations as RRC guidelines permit
- Individualized curriculum to allow each resident to satisfy his or her interests & long-term career goals
- Training alongside residents from seven other ACGME residency programs
- Participation in a full complement of educational rounds & conferences
- Clinical & educational roles of Transitional Year Residency Program residents are equivalent to those of first-year residents in our other programs
If you wish to contact us, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in the NUHS TYRP!
We look forward to receiving your enquiries and applications to our program.