The Paediatric Department at NUHS has an established track record of producing distinguished alumni who have made significant contributions to the prevention and management of childhood diseases in Singapore and internationally. It is proud of the continuing contribution of its former trainees who graduate from the program to practice high-quality, evidence-based paediatric medicine in a variety of settings.
The NUHS Paediatric Residency Program is dedicated to the principal goal of preparing medical specialists-in-training for a lifetime of exceptional clinical service to their patients and the wider community.
This is a 3-year program that is structured to ensure that Residents can achieve their learning goals with supervision and mentorship from senior paediatricians and colleagues. It provides broad-based training in ambulatory and acute care paediatrics, as well as exposure to the full range of paediatric subspecialties. Residents are expected to obtain the Master of Medicine (Paediatrics) degree from the National University of Singapore and the Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (United Kingdom) through a conjoint examination at the end of the 3-year residency program. Fellowship training in general paediatrics (or neonatology) follows residency training before exit accreditation as a specialist in Singapore.
|Key Strengths of our Training Program
- Broad case-mix increases trainees’ exposure to a wide range of general paediatric as well as subspecialty paediatric patients.
- Residents benefit from the shared expertise of being co-located with adult tertiary care in all disciplines (eg living-related liver and kidney transplant programs for children).
- A tradition of an excellent structured teaching program
a.Early morning sessions (4x per week)
b.Lunch-time teaching sessions (4x per week)
c.Regular courses and work-shops
d.Mock clinical exam practice
- Regular formative assessments
- Mentorship program
- Dedicated faculty, each of whom is a recognized leader in his/her respective field of practice.
- Opportunities for research and participation in teaching activities.
If you wish to contact us, please click here.
Please click here to find out more information about the NUH University Children's Medical Institute.