The University Medicine Cluster at NUHS has a long history of excellence in patient care, education and research. Our Residency programs reflect these strengths. Our programs are designed to ensure that training takes place in settings that are respectful of residents’ needs and capable of delivering patient care efficiently, effectively and safely.
We have configured a host of programs that integrates training in clinical competence, academic scholarship, critical thinking and personal development. Our program will help you achieve a mastery of clinical medicine and prepare you for the contemporary practice of medicine.
We emphasize on protected teaching and the principle of graded responsibility for patient care to enable our residents to become independent physicians. Our programs offer a broad based training in General Medicine, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Nephrology, Dermatology, Intensive Care, Endocrinology, Infectious Disease, Rheumatology, Hematology, Hepatology, and Oncology.
Our goal is to create an optimal educational and clinical environment in Internal Medicine that helps residents achieve excellence in clinical performance, competence and personal development.
|Outstanding and special features of NUHS internal medicine residency program:
- A balanced training experience in both tertiary and community hospitals. National University Hospital, being a tertiary hospital with a full complement of subspecialties, provides residents a broad-based training with exposure to a wide variety of specialties within medicine.
- A premier program with excellent faculty. Residents are mentored by our outstanding cadre of faculty who are recognized leaders in general medicine and subspecialties. Our dedicated faculty ensures that the residents’ development in academic scholarship and critical thinking are integrated with personal development and emotional maturity.
- Innovative night-float on-call system. We are the first and only institution in Singapore that has successfully implemented the night-float on call system. This innovative on-call system ensures adequate rest for residents and prevents fatigue from long continuous working hours.
- Comprehensive and innovative tools for teaching and evaluating the core competencies. Simulation laboratories, “learning through testing”, “learning through teaching”, online self directed learning modules, examination preparatory courses are examples of the extensive innovations and resources developed for resident education in NUHS.
- Opportunities for research and scholarly activities. As scholarship is a critical element of the university medicine cluster’s identity, our residents are encouraged and provided with resources to pursue research opportunities during residency.
If you wish to contact us, please click here.
Please click here to find out more information about the NUH Department of Medicine.