Click on image to find out why
NUHS FM Residency is Dr Jeffrey's choice.
NUHS, in collaboration with National University Hospital, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, St Luke’s Hospital, Jurong Community Hospital,Raffles Medical Group, Frontier Healthcare Group and National University Polyclinics, is in the seventh year running an innovative Family Medicine Residency Programme that offers our residents a diverse experience in an acute tertiary academic hospital, community hospital and private GP settings.
This programme exposes the residents to a public-private mix that extends the breadth of primary care exposure to
firsthand experience of private GP practice in graduated blocks of learning,
continuity care and chronic disease management at FMC Continuity Clinic,
specialist ambulatory care experience, and
rotating hospital postings.
Leveraging on the strengths of each of the participating institution, residents will experience breadth and depth in their learning and a continuum of care in different settings.
The residents will also develop competency in assessing and meeting the healthcare needs of our citizens from young to old in:
OUTSTANDING FEATURES OF OUR PROGRAMME
1. Continuity Clinic at our Family Medicine Centre at Clementi Polyclinic where residents will receive mentorship by a panel of dedicated and experienced Family Medicine Physician Faculty.
2. Graduated blocks of GP block posting at Frontier Healthcare Group or Raffles Medical Group where residents will receive one-to-one mentorship by committed Family Medicine Physician Faculty.
3. Inpatient rotations at NUH, NTFGH and SLH/JCH.
4. Structured training in Adult and Paediatrics Medicine through inpatient rotation and NUH Specialist Ambulatory Care rotation.
5. Faculty has vast experience in preparing trainees for the MMed Family Medicine Exams being involved in developing and organising the exams since its inception.
6. Opportunities for residents to maximise their potential in leadership & administrative qualities through class representative & chief resident position and other roles.
| BACK TO TOP