NUHS, in collaboration with St Luke’s Hospital, Raffles Medical Group and Frontier Healthcare Group, is in the third year running an innovative Family Medicine Residency Program that offers our residents a diverse experience in an acute tertiary academic hospital, community hospital and private GP settings.
This program exposes the residents to a public-private mix that extends the breadth of primary care exposure to
firsthand experience of private GP practice in graduated blocks of learning,
continuity care and chronic disease management at FMC Continuity Clinic,
specialist ambulatory care experience in NUHS, and
rotating hospital postings.
Leveraging on the strengths of each of the participating institution, residents will experience breadth and depth in their learning and a continuum of care in different setting.
The residents will also develop competency in assessing and meeting the healthcare needs of our citizens from young to old in:
OUTSTANDING FEATURES OF OUR PROGRAM
1. Continuity Clinic at our Family Medicine Centre at Clementi Polyclinic where residents will receive mentorship by a panel of dedicated and experienced Family Medicine Physician Faculty.
2. Graduated blocks of GP block posting at Frontier Healthcare Group or Raffles Medical Group where residents will receive one-to-one mentorship by committed Family Medicine Physician Faculty.
3. Inpatient rotations at NUH and SLH.
4. Structured training in Adult and Paediatrics Medicine through inpatient rotation and NUH Specialist Ambulatory Care rotation.
5. Faculty has vast experience in preparing trainees for the MMed Family Medicine Exams being involved in developing and organizing the exams since its inception.
6. Opportunities for residents to maximise their potential in leadership & administrative qualities through class representative & chief resident position and other roles.
Family Medicine Residency Application
Acceptance into Family Medicine Residency or any other Residency starts with your apllication with MOHH, Singapore.
Thereafter it is based on two interview rounds by:
a) MOHH (Ministry of Health, Singapore)
b) the Sponsoring Institute(s) which you sign up with/which they call you for interview(s).
After these two rounds, there will be a matching exercise.
For further details on the process and timeline for interested applicants, please check out these sites: http://www.physician.mohh.com.sg/residency/about_residency.html and http://www.physician.mohh.com.sg/residency/application_process.html.
Alternatively, you can contact MOHH at Tel: (65) 6622 0979 or Email: email@example.com.
Residency starts in July and thus, it is important that you refer to MOHH timeline (above website links) for submission of your portfolio so that you will be arranged for MOHH interview.