Our Resident Dr Jonathan Lim leading a multi-disciplinary team in the management of a challenging chronic pain patient
Core Strengths of the Anaesthesiology Programme
- Experienced and dedicated team of Faculty Staff, many of whom are Master of Medicine, Anaesthesia examiners and tutors.
- Detailed curriculum, comprehensive training and rigorous formative evaluations, poised to prepare our Residents for ACGME-I, MMed Anaesthesia and international FANZCA certification.
- Outstanding examination preparatory teaching programme, emphasising on consistent learning and mentoring.
- Excellent simulation training facilities in our new Simulated Training Hospital with keen Faculty with international repute in simulation training.
- Expertise in the Medical Education that promotes professionalism, excellence in medical education & research.
- Strong research heritage in our University Department, with opportunities in Basic, Clinical and Translational Research.
- Mentor Supervisors who actively promote and facilitate research activities, with a focus on research development journey rather than outcomes.
- Opportunities for start-up programmes and collaboration with other NUHS and NUS Departments and Faculty members.
- Opportunuties to embark on the NUS-NUHS Specialist Clinician Scientist Track.
- One integrated training site with all essential anaesthetic subspecialty exposure including obstetrics, paediatrics, cardiac, and neuro-anaesthesia.
- Programme focuses on the comprehensive and holistic learning of patient care management, rather than an overwhelming clinical load without formative learning.
- Rich and diverse caseload, unsurpassed source of elective and emergency training materials.
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice of anaesthesia and constant upgrading of anaesthetic practice through audits and research.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams