Look forward to a rich and diverse experience at the NUHS Residency Program.
- Experienced team of passionate and nurturing teachers
Immersion in a culture of excellence through
- Expertise in the Medical Education Unit that promotes professionalism and excellence in medical education through: (a) faculty development, (b) medical curriculum development and (c) research in medical education
- NUHS Research Office that promotes and facilitates research activites and supports young biomedical researchers through mentorship and start-up programs
- Investigational Medicine Unit (IMU), a key node that integrates ongoing research programs together with upcoming ones in experimental therapeutics and investigational medicine
- Structured research training opportunities e.g. Clinician Leadership in Research program and Master of Clinical Investigation program
- Excellent clinical outcomes. We strive to achieve the highest quality standards. This is monitored by the tracking of clinical quality indicators across the different departments.
- Strong links to NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine which facilitates easy access to information and the medical community
- Physical proximity to NUS and Biopolis provides opportunity for the multi-disciplinary exchange of research ideas
- Plans to develop the NUHS campus, such as integrated training facilities into the clinical care areas, provides an ideal learning environment
- One Integrated Hospital Site - which includes both Paediatrics and Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- State of the art training facilities for Surgery at our very own Khoo Teck Puat Advanced Surgery Training Centre
- Replica of the actual HD and ICU set-up through a Simulation Lab. It has a high-fidelity simulation mannequin that is able to simulate most critical medical conditions in an ICU environment for practical training
- The MD6 Centre for Translational Medicine, which features specialized Research Laboratories and a Simulated Hospital environment, will be operational end 2011.
- The new NUH Medical Centre, with dedicated space for clinical care, research and teaching, will be completed in 2013.
- Being an Academic Medical Centre, and a tertiary specialist hospital, we have a rich and diverse caseload both in adult and paediatric conditions as we have virtually all sub specialties in NUHS. Moreover, rotations through the various sub-specialties are easy as they are grouped under one cluster rather than individual departments.
- Caseload mix will provide an unsurpassed source of training materials for our residents
- The number of residents we take in under the NUHS Residency Program will ensure that all our residents have sufficient numbers of the right type of caseload for training
- Good preparation for a career in academic medicine
- Proper career tracks for those who are interested in becoming master clinicians, clinician educators, clinician investigators, clinician scholars and clinician scientists
- Strong links with the future Jurong Health Services will ensure that many opportunities await the NUHS residents