The NUS Faculty of Dentistry began as a Department of Dentistry within the King Edward VII College of Medicine in 1929. It was the first dental school to be established in a British colony in the East. The three departments of the Faculty - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Restorative Dentistry and Preventive Dentistry - together with the Division of Graduate Dental Studies strive to fulfill the Faculty's mission of excelling in clinical care, research and education. The Faculty has an intake of 44 undergraduate students annually.
The Faculty works closely with the departments of the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and other teaching hospitals and institutions across Singapore in healthcare delivery and education and also partners departments in other faculties of the University, public institutions and private enterprises in multi-disciplinary research activities.
For further information on NUS Faculty of Dentistry, please visit the faculty web site at http://www.dentistry.nus.edu.sg/